Friday, September 3, 2010

Meet first year Terrier Megan Andres!

Hi everyone!


My name’s Megan Andres. I’m from Cincinnati, Ohio and a freshman here at Hiram College. I’m almost 5 hours from Hiram so the distance is tough but I really love everything here! I am on the pre-medicine track so far and I really dream of becoming an ER doctor. So this is going to be a loooong process! I play basketball for the Terriers here. I’ve played basketball since about third grade and it is by far my favorite sport. I knew Hiram had amazing pre-med programs and a great reputation, but the overnight I took in the spring of 2010 with the basketball team really made my decision easy. Everyone is so nice and it is really a lot of fun to play with people who also really love the sport. I’m really looking forward to this first year of college but I’m nervous about what to expect. I feel like I haven’t been called “Freshman” in so long! 

From left: Megan Andres, Marisa Thomas and Alexis Kemper -
all first-year players for the Terriers!
Classes are very demanding and basketball will be challenging but I know it will all be worth it! I spent the summer shopping for dorm items and conditioning for pre season. It was a lot of fun to have a schedule to work out to and then get excited about all the new things I’m going to get! I spent a lot of time with my friends and family because everyone spread out after high school. I love my parents and my brother and I are very close in age so we usually get along. Key word: usually. My parents are great people and loved Hiram just as much as me. I also worked a lot to pay for all my books and some clothes shopping. (p.s. Books are expensive!!)


I’m really excited to get this year, and especially this season, started! I definitely miss my family and close friends but it’s nice having support back home and here at Hiram. Well…that’s me! Time to get started! Go Terriers!

No comments:

Post a Comment